Monday, October 02, 2006

Red Sky

What a beautiful morning. I woke before sunrise, Cocoa was on my chest. Some mornings I cheat, I get up instead of lying in bed and sit on the porch with a cup of tea as the sky turns grey, and flares of red began to creep in at the sides. my porch faces the sunset you see. I moved the dead fig tree so i could have a spot. I thought, I shouldn't be indulging in the sunrise, there is work to do. A paper to write before work, real work. So inside to put away the dishes and take out the garbage; I wanted to stay out to watch the rest of sunrise, but a certain paper called me back inside. Nathan called. "Have a good day; that's an order" imparitive, will do. Danielle called, "Have another question; hating work" find an answer. What a weird day. Beautiful calm peaceful. And now raining, like the worst kind of pathetic fallacy.

At work before the boss. Nothing left over to do, so I continued homework. Emails sent and received. Cut my losses on time, multiply through. Then I thought Dani might have more questions, might need more help, so i logged into MSN. "Rip Kendall Hebret" And I thought. oh. It can't be our Kendall.

I just found out one of my players, from the Belle River highschool team, was killed in a racing accident yesterday. What a weird day. Good luck Kendall, take grace and innocence with you. take love and peace too. take talent and potential energy. good luck Kendall.

And here I am. There is such a beauty that comes with mourning. A peace, a space for reflection, indulgence, laugher. To be closer and more forgiving. Thanks Kendall, for the gift of this space.

No comments: