Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Serious Case of the Wonkies

I think it would be pretty funny to have a case of the Wonkies. Who knows what it could involve. Maybe one leg would spontaneously grow two inches longer, while the opposing are become 2 inches shorter. Maybe one foot would grow wider while on hand narrower. Or maybe all your clothing would change in this manner while the rest of you stayed just as you are. The result would no doubt be an amazing eye opener for some and mostly a confusing (and possible expensive) inconvenience for others.

If I had a serious case of the wonkies, I know I would spend a lot of time thinking about how my body was fitting the world in a different way. As I learned to do things in new and better ways, I would wonder how I had ever managed before. When my hand easily slips down the drain to reach a lost ring, or my foot helps propel me like an platypus through the water at swimming, what fun it will be. As I spend time cutting up old strangely shrunken misshaped clothes to make new exciting apparel inventions, I'll wonder why I hadn't done it sooner.

Why wait till you catch the wonkies to fit in the world in a different way. Maybe the wonkies is one of those illnesses that is just in your mind, but better than schizophrenia or something you gt to control it. It might be the worlds only enabling disease, well the wonkies and sickle cell anemia...

Just imagine.

ps. I fell out of bed this morning. Surely an early symptom of the wonkies.

No comments: