Saturday, April 05, 2008

It good to be back!

My goodness, what a total high!!! So i played 7s today. How totally awesome! All the greatest parts of rugby, with 7 minute halves! Score 7 for the good guys.

So of course, I am not one to shirk any tradition, and came off 3 minutes into the first game with a nose bleed. I love it, that would be the first game of every season of rugby i have ever played has begun with the traditional nosebleed...granted this time there were no tampons involved. So once we got the guizer under control, it was back out to rock and run it hard.

It was a pretty physical game as we are mostly new to the sport, or 15s converts, so it was a pretty rough game! But wow, how sweet it is to be tearing it up on the mudtracks once more. And i do mean mud tracks. As perhaps I have mentioned, there is no such thing as grass in Korea, its just one of those things like cheese that they just don't understand how to use. I was at a plant shop today and they had stacks of dry yellow sod cut into 4x4 inch squares...i don't know what they were to be used for... but clearly they don't really know either.

So we played on a mud/sand pitch. Which I actually quite liked, except that spandex have this amazing funneling power, what ever gets into a pair of spandex always seems to funnel right into the crotch...I must say, in that respect i wish we had been playing on grass. But I can't compain. Course my boots were too small, so I sold them and borrowed a pair. But that's fine.

As for the play. It was awesome, went for a couple awesome runs, scored a couple tries, set up some nice play and had a smashing time.

Ahh...what a high. Right. I need a beer and then its off to bed (there is more rugby in the AM!!!)

No comments: