Thursday, July 03, 2008

Giving thanks

I am not sure where it came from, but this morning I noticed it, sitting by my desk while I was wondering what to do with myself. All things are heading madly off in all directions. Life is full of bumps and jumps just now and it is really very hmm, challenging. And I was sitting at my desk, and suddenly the feeling of being watched, and then of watching.I thought for a moment I was having a dream about my mum. It felt like I must be looking at my mum. But I wasn't...I was looking at someone else. It was me. I was sitting there, but I looked so exactly like who I thought I was. It was a strange sensation. To see myself, and to see what I expected. And in that same moment be entirely thankful for the strong and beautiful woman I am becoming.

I have a big exciting move ahead of me in the coming weeks. I'm relocating from Korea to Japan. I am so sad to leave Korea. I have met some inspiring people, and really started to mak such a wonderful home here.

Last spring I had many conversation about finishing school. About how while at school my ultimate goal was to build my mind and develop my intellectual self. Further, that upon leaving school it was time to turn to my other selves, to build my emotional, spiritual and physical selves. At first, this quest created great anxiety for me. Particularly, since I moved to Asia alone, without any teachers by my side, and had to spend much energy and time finding new teachers and guides, new advisors and advesaries.

Now I am sad to so quickly leave my new friends and family, and to strick out again into the world. But in that eerie moment this morning, I knew it was right. That as this time drifts past I am who I think I am.

No comments: