Monday, July 09, 2007

Traveling

I was very excited for 7.7.7 and I didn’t get to make an entry on it cause it was only 19h instead of the usual 24. That’s the trouble with travelling east. So yes, the plane was very late taking off, but I did watch most of Seb’s game in the airport as a result. Then once we took off and I finally let myself fall to sleep it was only a couple hours before we arrived at sunrise (by my calculations it was about 3am…bloody time zones). Then we took a lovely tour of England, and Ireland, and France, and the English channel while we queued to get our landing spot. Then of course I followed orders of the signs that said British passports here everyone else in that slow moving line over there. After snaking through an hour of immigration rope I get to the wicket and the lady says, “What’s the purpose of you…oh you were born here, could of taken the other line dear, enjoy you trip.” Stamp. Six month multiple entry visa. So I navigated us to Littlehampton, to pick up mum’s sister Anna. We had some hippy shit there, no not the Canadian kind, it had peas and stuff in it. Hopefully, its not the most deadly thing that I could be eating for dinner, on the news at eleven. Finally we made it to South Hampton to the hospital to visit with granny. She looked very well, she’s hoping to come home tomorrow evening. We could only chat for a bit though, cause visiting hours were almost over and I was falling asleep. Of course, we took the scenic route through the New Forest to see all the horses. Wild horses everywhere, and they have all just foaled so there were tons of fuzzy little monsters running around. Only the kitchen is the same size it used to be in Gran’s house. With the beautiful red walls and tiny little fridge. Okay can’t stay on long, I don’t know about the charger here. Peace Lady M

No comments: