Friday, April 03, 2009

The benefits of planning a trip into space

The benefit of planning to take a trip into space is that it is a very expensive thing to do. If I wanted to go for a trip to the international space station right now I think it would cost $800,000. I don't really know...but I imagine that at some point I learned that was what a ticket costs. Well, it would take me, I think, about 20 years to save that much money (if I stop playing around in Asia and start doing the real money making work I have vaguely planned for my future childhood). So, I should get started.
 But this is wonderful, because in 20 years it will only cost maybe $50,000 to go to the ISS, but I will have saved $800,000 so I will have lots of money for things I want to do. Or maybe, even though I thought I would only go to the ISS I will have enough to go to Mars or the Moon...or somewhere really cold like that. 
 But unfortunately, I don't think I will ever really save a lot of money, because I don't think I would like having a very high paying job. In monetary terms I don't consider anything I can do to be the kind of thing people should pay very much to have me do. And I don't like people paying more than they should for me to do things. And I would really rather climb to the top of every mountain on the planet (above and below sea level) before I would be very interested in going to the ISS. It sounds like a very expensive trip to the science centre without tesla coils and paper making activities... But maybe I will pretend to be planning a trip to the ISS, just because it might cause an interesting conversation one day.

No comments: