Friday, April 17, 2009

Something marvelous in Japan

I just had another marvelous morning, but I wanted to tell you about something marvelous. All winter I have marvelled at all the green deciduous trees. I thought, wow it is so warm here. In Canada all these leaves would have changed colour and fallen to the ground months ago. But there they were all winter keeping the trees green and beautiful.



Then for the past 3 weeks, or so, new everythings have been growing and many of the new leaves come in red, then change green after a couple of days. I thought it was marvelous how, in Japan, spring time is just like the fall. Except, instead of the leaves changing colour and dying, they are changing colour and then growing for a whole season. I thought it was very nice that the japanese get two autumn blazes a year. And thought about the implications of global warming in Canada, could we one day experience this too?



But then this morning I noticed that all the trees have turned red too. And their leaves are falling. It seems that instead of doing this in the autumn when it gets too cold in Canada, they do it in the spring when the tree is ready to put on a new coat.

No comments: